KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray/protocols/fdo

Casper Clemence maninalift at googlemail.com
Fri May 29 18:14:39 CEST 2009

I'm sorry I'm in danger of perpetuating this side-track. My point was
simply about a method that is theoretically overhead free (e.g.
doesn't create any more data). Of course what the compiler actually
does is another question, and creating a couple of pointers is not
exactly going to be a big performance problem but "overhead free" (1)
makes it easier for the compiler to understand what you are doing and
therefore possibly make other optimisations and (2) makes the
programmer feel happier which means the pattern is more likely to be
used... but most of all it's just a challenge ;¬)

I'll stop wasting folk's time now,