Qt Kinetic + Plasma Call For Ideas / Project Plan

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:01:34 CEST 2009

> Well, all you're doing here is instead of dumping it in b and using b
> later, you're explicitly defining it inline. This is fine, although if
Yes, I'm simulating the syntax of the /script/ language from before.

> we decide to return references (the . way) instead of using the <<
It is not 'instead', the << operator would be the *same* as the add method (It
would probably be implemented like that) - the << operator would have to
return the reference as well, so that it could be chained like in the example.

> operator, would we be able to group stuff in parentheses like you did?
I think that we would - the compiler wouldn't mind (exept for the extra ; I've
placed in the parentheses :) )

> Anyway, like Aaron says, this is 2nd priority so we have time to
> decide.
Well, once a new API is introduced into libplasma, it is stuck to be like that
until KDE 5.0.