Fwd: Some explanations/suggestion on plasmate

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 28 22:28:19 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009, Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> > there is no such thing as a file in the Plasma::Package that isn't part
> > of the Plasma::Package, so i don't think this would do anything other
> > than make another step that the user has to do and can get wrong (by
> > forgetting)
>
> I was thinking more in the way that the user just created a new graphic in
> inkscape, saved it on the same folder as the project and wants to make that
> file part of the project. If there is no "inotify" watching for new files
> on the folder, there should be a way to add this new file to the project...

ah, right, so there are 3 ways to add a file to a project:

* creating a new file in plasmate itself (create)
* adding a file from elsewhere in the file system (import)
* plopping a file into the package directory using some other program (mv from
the command line, the gimp with an image, etc)

create and import are easy and obvious: if the user selects "import" or
creates a new file for a type we don't have an editor part ... it opens a file
dialog. otherwise create the file.

there should be a KDirWatch on the Package root directory which takes care of
the third case.

humru othro a kohnu se