Configuring time and date from context menu of digital-clock applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 28 21:10:07 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009, Chani wrote:

> > > I'd like to see any time-jump give all the dataengines a kick,
> > > actually.
> >
> > "any time jump" isn't possible without polling afaik. which isn't an
> > option.
>
> lame. there's no way to get notified when the system time is changed?

not that i've been able to find, and i've looked. every solution i've seen on
the 'net so far requires polling. nothing from the kernel, nothing from ntp,
nothing in posix ... meh.

maybe we should write and ship a custom linux kernel module :P

> > > we still (afaik) have the problem that coming out of suspend doesn't
> > > update the clock until the minute changes, and so on. I have an amusing
> > > screenshot of the clock and its tooltip disagreeing on the time. :)
> >
> > suspend is a different matter, however. we could do a forced "check your
> > timing" of all engines when we come out of suspend if the power manager
> > has such a signal for us to listen to.
>
> yeah, that'd probably do.
> there must be such a signal... right?

iirc there isn't right now. :( but hopefully we can add one for 4.4. *fingers
crossed*

humru othro a kohnu se