Plasma & Netbook

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:42:12 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009 13:32:06 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> > > Yesterday's night I committed the first code regarding plasma on
> > > netbooks. I just created the SAL (search and launch) containment basic
> > > files with place holders (just to have something :P ). You can find it
> > > in playground/plasma/netbook/ .
> >
> > here we go:
> > playground/plasma/netbook/containments/newspaper
>
> Dude ... :D
>
> Any hint on how I can pull this up as a window? It would be extremely
> useful given that I've some demos lined up for netbook type interfaces (I'm
> at UDS), and  it would be totally cool that there's code that does at least
> something atm.
i think the best bet is to hand write a config file for the plasma-mid shell
also in the netbook folder if you want to give a spin..
(or there is always the whole plasma-desktop in xephyr route..)
no no time now but tonight i hope to be able to write one, i would say:
top panel with activity bar to switch between sal and newspaper, systray and
clock
and then in the newspaper containment some random stuff like rss, weather and
thinghies like that...