My SoK project - Plasma D-Bus API

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:51:51 CEST 2009

> (cube/sphere/grid effects not-withstanding) i think we should just publish
> the currently active one.
>
> or, we could publish it per-virtual desktop as well and let apps decide
> what desktop(s) they care about? hm.

I'd go for the former current-activity (plus potential 'other loaded
activities'). The reason being that we can not really predict every place we
will use activities in the future. Currently, we already have V.D.s, screen-
saver and dashboard. It is not even generic enough today to publish per-V.D.

> that's a good point; we could use RemoteDataEngine in the background
> always..
Yes. It would be even easy to implement having some black-sheep-dataengines
(considering security permissions and whatnot) separated in a sandboxed
process etc. But later about that :) (much later)

Cheers