My SoK project - Plasma D-Bus API

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:06:24 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 May 2009 18:46:19 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > > Just joking about SoK, but while we are in freeze, I'd like to start
> > > the discussion about D-Bus interface for plasma-desktop.

> > >   - desktop locked state - setters / getters / signals
> > >   - activities
> > >      - current activity set/get/signal
> >
> > what would the signal be for?
>
> I'd like to have this for Lion Mail for example, to switch the shown
> collection based on the context. Especially "activityChanged(QString)"
> would be interesting for me.
well, we have containment::contextchanged(context) and then you fetch the new
activity name from the context..
> Do I need a D-Bus API for that anyway?
well, probably could be useful in the future that other apps would react to
activity change as well, the question is: is plasma-desktop the right place to
advertise this? (there was the idea of a nepomuk integration at some point?
never quite grokked how is supposed to work and if there is any actual code at
this point or nothing at all?)