Python Applet and configChanged

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 26 15:19:39 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Petri Damstén wrote:
> plasmoidviewer with python applet start (configChanged called 4 times):

hm... too many calls to writeConfig are happening, and KConfigSkeleton is Too
Dumb(tm) to know that nothing's actually changed. i'll take a look in a bit
about this.

(i don't think it should be called at all on startup, actually)

> config dialog ok pressed after changing data (configChanged called 3
> times):

right, we probably don't need the applet to also say the config has changed if
(but only if!) we have a config loader, so something like this in
AppletPrivate::configDialogFinished():

if (!configLoader) {
    // manually call configChanged, otherwise let the loader do that for us
    q->configChanged();
}

does that fix it for you properly?

another approach might be to just not forward the configChanged signal from
KConfigSkeleton at all, but i'm concerned that will just open up other edge
cases when a script actually does trigger a config change without using the
config dialog or if/when KConfig gets change notification.

humru othro a kohnu se