kinetic-declarative plasma integration

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Mon May 25 07:13:52 CEST 2009

> On 5/13/09, Alan Alpert <alan.alpert at nokia.com> wrote:
> > There is only one good example in the plasma integration repository, a
> > weather
> > plasmoid. Because there's only one, it has been a little warped so that
> > it can be used in a variety of different ways (you can run it as an
> > applet, as a
> > non-applet C++, through the script engine and through the kinetic
> > plasmoid). Despite this the weather example is still a surprisingly small
> > amount of code
> > to get a fairly fluid visualization of the weather data engine. And
> > that 'code' does not need to include C++ (although the weather data
> > engine is
> > not designed to be set up declaratively). If even I can make something
> > that looks decent I can't wait to see what actual designers do with it.

I am silently following this progress. This is what I was planning to add
later on  (animations and effects). It is good to see this API being worked on.
Once plasma starts using it, I would like to also for the weather forecast
plasmoid.

There are plenty of effects I'd like to use it for and this will likely require
major changes to the applet layout and code.

Thanks your work on this!

Shawn.