battery plasmoid and remaining time..
chanika at gmail.com
Tue May 19 04:55:16 CEST 2009
ok, let's try to get a more productive discussion... hmm... how can we do
how about a list of questions?
1) what methods of time estimation can we think of? (eg. the current one-point
method, averaging over X amount of time...)
2) how useful is each, and how accurate in what way? (eg. the current method
is only accurate if the power consumption averages the same rate as when it
was measured. a method that averaged consumption over the past hour would be
good if there were rapid ups&downs, but very inaccurate if the device was at
one power level for an hour then switched to a drastically different one and
3) which methods, if any, are Good Enough for the user? this probably depends
on the device they're using, so can/should we adjust our behaviour based on
the type of device?
4) what other methods of reporting battery status can we think of, and what
are their pros & cons? (eg. percentage is already there, it's perfectly
accurate, but the user may not interpret it very well)
5) what options and defaults should the battery applet in kdebase have?
(currently it shows the % when you hover the icon, and the remaining time in
the popup. there's an option to show the time over the icon instead)
so, does anyone have answers and/or additional questions to contribute?
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/attachments/20090518/e50d634f/attachment.sig
More information about the Plasma-devel