kinetic-declarative plasma integration

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 15 15:34:32 CEST 2009

On Friday 15 May 2009, aaron.kennedy at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi Marco,

> >> We have a couple of ways of dealing with "lists" of things (which sounds
> >> like what the sources returned from a dataengine conceptually are).  All
> >> of our view classes can take sets of things, and we also have a
> >> generalized "Repeater" element for handling other cases.
> >
> > i'm indeed playing with views now.
> > since the qml documentation appears still not there i'm going by
> > attempts: what classes are for views? until now i've found ListView and
> > GridView, anything else?
> > also, is it possible to do an horizontal list view?
> > but the real question is: is it possible somehow to plug a traditional qt
> > model into it?
>
> The documentation is still a work in progress.  In the specific case of the
> views available, however, I think its ok.  From the main page, navigate to
> "Declarative Module"/"Qml Elements" and then look under the "Views"
> heading.
>
> Incase you haven't generated the documentation, but want to get going fast,
> here are the specific answers to your questions :)
>
> You can set a ListView into horizontal mode by setting the "orientation"
> property, like this:
>
> ListView {
>     orientation: "Horizontal"
> }

tanks a lot for the input on qmodels, i assumed the qt docs were missing on
that part, now i've generated them and i see..

what i'm looking about specifically is seeing how feasible is to use those
list views in the gsoc i'm mentoring about a plasma based mediacenter (well,
depends also when we want to release something, before or after 4.6)

so i'm looking on what we would need in that case:

doesn't seems to be any way to set the currentIndex of any of the views simply
by clicking on an item (can implement a mouseRegion on the delegate, but
doesn't seem to be a way for the item to know what is its index into the
view?)

PathView doesn't seem to be controllable with the keyboard (even by
implementing KeyActions into the delegate and changing the active index
doesn't seem to work, but nothing automatic anyways)

is there a way for an item to notice when it becomes active and changing its
state as a consequence? i.e, having the active item maybe slightly bigger and
with more info, like the recipes example (but here the item zooming is
triggered by a mouse click)

Cheers,
Marco Martin