battery plasmoid and remaining time..

Andreas Stricker astricker at futurelab.ch
Thu May 14 14:30:41 CEST 2009

Petri Damstén schrieb:
> On Thursday 14 May 2009 12:13:22 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> i'm guessing car manufacturers realize that it's safer to let the user
>> guess based on the readout of the fuel level, [...]
>
> I think I have seen several cars that estimate kilometers left with the
> current tank, like Volvo: http://www.c30world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6390
> but pictures show that not without problems...

At least some of them (Renault) didn't show the remaining
distance when the fuel level is under a specific value.

I'm too think it's very hard to display a meaningful time.
It is better not shown in default setup. (I've never had a
mobile phone showing the remaining time).

But what about to show the remaining time only with the expected
accurancy? Either in scientific form "55min +/- 20min" or better in
an unit at the same accurancy as the time estimated: "1h" instead
of 55min, or "1/2h" instead of 42min
If one of both the remaining time or percent goes under a specific
level, the remaining time is not displayed at all.
It must be clear to the user that this is a guess.

Regards, Andy