categories - only the official ones?

Oszkar Ambrus oszkar.ambrus at deri.org
Thu May 14 12:37:30 CEST 2009

Hi Ivan,
>> I noticed that since last week Plasma::Applet::listCategories() only
>> lists categories that are on the official list (found at [1]).
>>
> The sole purpose of a predefined list of categories is for plasmoid developers
> to use them and only them.

I don't really understand the reason for this, since I use the plasmoids
in my own application as plugins.

So the best choice would be to use the official categories and define my
custom categories through some other property in the .desktop file?

Thanks,

--
Oszkár Ambrus

"Whoever believes in the Son [Jesus Christ] has eternal life" (John 3:36)

Masters Student, Digital Enterprise Research Institute, NUIG
[http://www.deri.ie]