Plasma + QT Kinetic gSoC Project, Looking for co-mentor

Akmanalp, Mehmet A makmanalp at wpi.edu
Wed May 13 13:35:25 CEST 2009

Hello,
I'm an accepted student for gsoc at Pardus [0][1]. My project was to
add a plugin for KDM (among other things) to support fingerprint
authentication, but we recently found out that it was already done and
there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. So, I've been looking around
for projects and I came across the Plasma / Qt Kinetic integration
project. When I checked, I found that the project wasn't taken, and I
would like to do it. I think it's a good idea to have some sort of
collaborative effort between me and my mentor at Pardus, the QT
Kinetic people and the KDE plasma people. I've talked to darktears
(Alexis Menard from Qt-Kinetic, one of the two original mentors for
the project) on #qt-kinetic and sebas (Sebastian Kügler) on #plasma
and both seemed positive about the idea, and so did aseigo. Any
thoughts on this? I will send an e-mail to the google gsoc people next
to figure out the bureaucracy (how the mentors will be assigned, how I
can change my project and such).

[0] http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/index.html
[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/pardus
~ mali (http://constant.inople.net/)