JS Scriptengine in libplasma

Leonardo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed May 6 21:59:39 CEST 2009

hola folks,

so i'm (finally) looking into adding scripted applet/dataengine support to
amarok. it's really easy and transparent and all of that (yay plasma!) but we
have a minor issue. we depend only on kdelibs, and the scriptengines are in
kdebase/workspace.

i understand that most of them have external deps, which may be undesirable.
Indeed, we'll most likely restrict all applets/engines to being javascript, so
as to not require the user to install random *-bindings package. But moving
the javascript dataengine to the plasma in  kdelibs would really be nice.

thoughts/comments/etc?

also, please CC me, i'm not subscribed.

cheers,
leo