sytem tray jobs/notifications icon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 6 16:09:54 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > out. this resulted in a couple of observations:
> >
> > two more:
> >
> > * the cursor should change to the clickable link hand when the
> > job/notifications widget is visible in the system tray (i've implemented
> > this locally already)
>
> uuh, so be an hand on every icon? (the ones we can control, so this and
> knotificationitem ones) perhaps the highhlight on mouse over is enough to
> tell that the thing is clickable?

the problem is that it doesn't highlight on mouse over and doesn't look
immediately like something i'd click on; an icon "feels" clickable, while a
busy spinner .. not so much.

> > * the dark background behind the jobs widget now is pretty "heavy"
> > visually since it's always visible there. maybe just a nice simple
> > divider line?
>
> uhm, outdated air theme? now the background should be light and only a few
> % more opaque than the normal area

hm... yes, it's pretty much imperceptible now.

(speaking of which, the opaque version of the panel provides very, very low
contrast :/ )

humru othro a kohnu se