sytem tray jobs/notifications icon

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 6 14:09:53 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 10:35:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi...
>
> i've been getting various bits of feedback on the notification/jobs icon in
> the tray, such as:
>
> * it moves icons when it appears
> * when it's not there there's an ugly space showing
>
> tonight i played with just always showing it, and i think this might work
> out. this resulted in a couple of observations:

Now that I'm thinking some more about this: this could work, but I think it
would be very helpful if there was some clear difference between the icon if
there are 0 items, and the icon if there are items. Like a different color, or
something else that allows you to instantly notice that there are item there.

Regards,
Rob