sytem tray jobs/notifications icon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 6 10:35:32 CEST 2009

hi...

i've been getting various bits of feedback on the notification/jobs icon in
the tray, such as:

* it moves icons when it appears
* when it's not there there's an ugly space showing

tonight i played with just always showing it, and i think this might work out.
this resulted in a couple of observations:

* BusyWidget::setRunning(false) puts it into an ugly state. it just looks
frozen. any ideas on a "this busy widget isn't busy" visual?

* when an extender has groups, attachedItems() will return those groups as
items. in turn, that makes the "don't show the popup if we have nothing in it"
test in PopupAppletPrivate::internalTogglePopup fail because there's always
something there, even though the groups are no visible. i think we either need
to keep groups out of attachedItems() (what would that break if anything?) or
else have a "bool isEmpty() const" method that takes into consideration things
like empty groups.

thoughts on any/all of the above?
'
humru othro a kohnu se