things remaining in kdereview: devicenotifier, mediaplayer, kimpanel

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:58:57 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> the following items are still in kdreview (along with why):
>
> applets/devicenotifier: it still behaves oddly (e.g. scrollbars appearing)
> when made smallish and while it gives a more "native plasma" look still
> feels a bit unpolished; i think this one should wait for 4.4 as it doesn't
> offer any other compelling advantages at the moment?
>
> applets/mediaplayer: this crashes on load for me with the xine phonon
> backend. this should be resolved before unleashing it upon the world. it
> seems like it might be assuming an actual x window is available to it and
> therefore not work properly in a proxy widget?
uhm, strange, to me it doesn't crash with xine, what happens tough is that i
only get audio with it, that's annoying but i don't know what it can be done
about that, i don't know if it's a limitation specific to phonon or if it's a
thing not possible at all with xine, so having it working with xine could be a
thing that can happen for 4.4 as well as uuh, never