Transparent themes without composition

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sat May 2 01:18:37 CEST 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009 19:15:52 David Nolden wrote:
> >On Friday 01 May 2009, David Nolden wrote:
> >> This already looks quite nice. But since many plasma themes have a
> >> glassy look, they highly profit from something more shining through
> >> them, since that's the only way they can retain that look. Transparency
> >> is not
> >
> >and if you want that, use compositing.
>
> Composition is simply not an option. And for some users, it never will.

Based on the same criteria as the one you used to make that sweeping
generalization I'm judging that 96.67% of the things you say on this topic are
not true. Unless of course you foresee graphics being run out of a wooden
pallet (singular, because with multiple you could still have it).

Aka. there's is no immeasurable underlying problem here, it's a software
problem (drivers are still software) which is being addressed and if it's so
terrible the source is, in fact, available. if you don't feel like fixing it
then there's still lots you can to help others fix it (e.g. writing small
testcases, testing).