Unable to load images for pushbuttons from relative path

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 18:21:17 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Eitzenberger Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> someone on #plasma told me i could ask for help via this emailaddr  too....
>
> I need a pushbutton in the parley applet to trigger playing the sound file
>
> The button shall show up green if the url is valid and orange if not, grey
> if checking/ongoing
>
> Up to now I was only able to get the pushbutton showing up with the images
> using absolute URLS
>
> I tried with "widgets/play_green.png" "widgets/play_green" and also tried
> to embedd teh images in to the svg file but there I am stranded as the
> PushButton doesnt want a QPixmap but a path QString.....

png files shouldn't be installed into the theme, as it only deals with svg
files.

i can think of a couple of different ways to go about this:

* install the png's into apddata and then use KStandardDirs to find it, e.g.:

	KGlobal::dirs()->locate("appdata", "parley/play_green.png");

* put all of the png's into an svg file, install that into the theme as you
have done and then we could add to the widget API something like:

void setImage(const QString &path, const QString &elementId)

that would paint just the svg element from the svg, much as IconWidget does.
this would only work for kde 4.3 and beyond, however.

thoughts?

humru othro a kohnu se