Desktop dock SoC proposal

Sevcsik András sevcsik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:16:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm András Sevcsik, and I'd like to apply for the Desktop Dock Summer of
Code idea.

I know C++, but I don't have experience in KDE4/Qt (except user level), But I
see KDE4 api as quite easy to learn. Is it possible for me to get applied
under the flag of KDE?

About the proposal: If I see the problem right, the project could be divided
into two parts: first to create an application launher plasmoid that can also
manipulate the windows of the launched application, and for second, create
a containment plasmoid that can do eyecandy zoom effects and perhaps 3D
look. Thus, users can have OSX-style task managament with the standard
kde panel, and vica versa.

Do you have any suggestions for this idea?

András Sevcsik