Clock/Calendar bug (was Plasma::PopupApplet API change proposal)

Casper Clemence maninalift at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:53:27 CET 2009

After observing a few non-techie people use my laptop I have noticed
that they tend to panic slightly when the calendar pop-up doesn't
disappear automatically.  Waggling the mouse about while they work out
where they need to click seems to be the usual response.

It would nice at least to give some visual hint of what you need to do
to close the pop-up.

I also find having to click on the clock again to minimise it
unintuitive, but it's a very small niggle. Generally I bring up the
calendar to get one piece of information then I want it to go away.
However I understand the reason for the behaviour: That someone may
wish to refer back to it a few times while performing a task.

It would be great if it could somehow elegantly support both usage
patterns. Some sort of button that could be pressed that clearly meant
"don't disappear"... hmmm