Review Request: kdebase runner syntax

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Mar 21 20:27:51 CET 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> A syntax can have unlimited examples but one single description. This is
> the only weird point to me. I don't really get when I should add another
> example to the syntax or a completely different syntax, since I can
> document only a syntax, and not each example on its own.

if the runner responds to a few different query structures the each do
something different ("logout", "reboot", "switch aseigo" as a concrete
example) each should have its own entry in the syntax.

but some runners offer synonyms, e.g. "screen brightness" and "dim screen" are
synonyms in the powerdevil runner. they both do exactly the same thing, so
having separate Syntax entries for them would be odd. in that case, you'd
create one Syntax with multiple example queries.

the idea is that a "Syntax" represents one "function" provided by the runner.

> Just my 2 cents, more than that I just hope that this could get in as soon
> as possible. If nobody already volunteered to add documentation to the Add
> Runner dialog, I do.

i'd actually like to see this integrated with the main window. sitting in a
coffee shop right now with a couple hours to myself and i think i'm going to
try something there.

humru othro a kohnu se