Project proposal for gsoc

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:38:22 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 March 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > i know this looks very intriguing (nuno mockups are toooooo pretty :p)
> > but everyone interested on that could perhaps consider also the other
> > ideas on techbase.
> > that said i do want proposals on this project because is cool, but i
> > also think more the proposals are various the better is
> > (i'm saying this to everyone interested in, so you, alediaferia,
> > dotevo and elv1313, using the irc terminology :p)
>
> agreed; i do wonder if we couldn't get 2 people working on this item,
> though. it's a big amount of possible work and could easily accommodate two
> students.
/me was thinking about one for the more "backend" stuff, so things like
dataengine for album covers, movies info whatever and things like hard disk
crawling (and here is important to figure out how much of the existing
technology we can reuse)
and one for the bling part, so the cool views for the media browsing
(problem seems to be that everyone wants to do the visual part because it's
more cool eheh:)
Emmanuel (hope he is already subscribed to this list) wanted to do something
linked with an interface for eee like devices, and that could be also an
independent proposal on its own..

Cheers,
Marco Martin