Project proposal for gsoc

André Braga abbraga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:37:10 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm André Braga, a computer science student at the Federal University of
Pernambuco (http://www.cin.ufpe.br/english/), currently on my last term.
I've helped organizing a talk Artur Souza's gave here about the GSOC and so
I became aware of the ideas for KDE projects.
I got interested in some of them and particulary for the gsoc I would like
to develop the "Simple Media Center components". Other projects have also
interested me (like the Kalzium beautification with Plasma [are these guys
in this list?] and the Plasmate project), but I've chosen this one due to my
background.

In my last job, I've worked on the development of a Media Center software,
called SoapBox, for the Windows Media Center (:P ok, I can see the sparks
already! one screenshot <http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/85/spbx1.jpg> and
another <http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6396/spbx2.jpg>), which seems to
look like a lot with this proposed one. It used a language called MCML,
communicating with a Python server.
I've also worked a lot on Digital TV/IPTV development last year.

Currently I'm working on the User Experience and Digital Artefacts Design
Research Lab (a partnership between the Design Department of my University
and INdT) and I've been really into projects related to design, interface
and usability. I've also been following the last news on Qt, which thrilled
me a lot. Oh, yeah! and I'm a C++ developer since long time.

I would like to know if someone here is interested in mentoring this project
and also some help for writing the proposal.

Thank you a lot in advance,

--
André Barros Braga