Problem with wallpaper & krunner in kde4.2 branch

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 12 21:35:08 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009, Ningyu Shi wrote:
>     With a recent upgrade to kde4.2.1 (debian experimental packages),
> sth wield happened to my desktop. Plasma refused to load wallpaper
> leaving some white and grey squares on the desktop view. When I tried
> to configure it via "Appearance Settings", the "type" under the
> "Desktop Activity" section and wallpaper "type" are both
> unconfigurable (click on it gives no response).

sounds like plugin problems, which usually means messed up packages.

> On the other hand,
> krunner refuses to run any command, after type in the command in the
> input box, pressing enter doesn't have any response.

when you click on the configuration button in the upper left corner of
krunner, do you see any plugins listed there?

>     In order to debug the problems, I compiled workspace from
> 4.2branch of the svn. Since I'm totally newbie with plasma code, can
> you guys point me to some code entry for the above two problems? I
> tried to grep, but failed (not not sure it's in the kdelib or
> kdeworkspace).

kdelibs/plasma for libplasma (Wallpaper, Containment and AbstractRunner are
the most likely relevant classes)

kdebase/workspace/plasma/ for the plugins, such as wallpapers/ and runners/

humru othro a kohnu se