krunner

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Mar 10 21:19:54 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 20:30:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 09 March 2009, David Baron wrote:
> > Alternative display ideas? Sort/scroll by plugin results? Etc.
>
> you are more likely to receive responses if you provide mockups, patches
> and/or other forms of concrete suggestions.

Yeah. Had not run or thought much on how to use this until I installed the
fsrunner which can monitor directories and place files in the search list.

Alternative views could be (not exclusive):
1. A (scrollable) list of small checkable icon/tabs on the left or right of
the view. What is checked (depending on the theme) would have the same
background as the view, unchecked, darker or other color. Hits from the
checked plugins are shown. (There is such a checked list in the config--how
might that relate to this--Allowed? Replace?)
2. Vertical scrollbar.
3. Toggle between icon/list views or
4. Toggle between icon/collapsable tree-list views

BTW, The buttons on the default black theme are nearly invisible.