Review Request: Comic applet using Plasma::Widgets

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Tue Mar 10 18:10:38 CET 2009

On Dienstag 10 März 2009 16:47:08 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > Sorry, I missed your comment.
> >
> > Initially I also thought about removing that configuration option, but
> > then I thought about touch screens. In touch screens the hovering icons
> > would most likely (have no way to test that) be a pain to use.
>
> you can just put the cursor on the item of course, but what i think
> *probably* should happen in such cases is that we have a standard button
> widget for these use cases which switches internally what it does based on
> the type of device. in both cases (desktop, touchscreen) a configuration
> option doesn't make sense, only changing the presentation does. so a
> configuration option is a bandage over the challenge rather than an actual
> solution.

Having the most useful or the least useless "option" (not necessarily
configure-able)  on by default is for sure the best thing.
Still I prefer having the option to configure it as at least I prefer a
specific choice in some cases and I'm not sure what others think about it.

The button you are talking about is Plasma::PushButton?

I took a note and will look into it when I'm motivated in that direction.