How to check if window really was closed?

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 8 11:47:28 CET 2009

Hi,
i noticed that windows which are blocked by a modal dialog cannot be closed.
While this is fine i think the window should be activated instead so the user
can give the required input.

This annoyed me only when closing a window with the taskbar since only there i
don't see the window which i want to close neccessarily.

Therefore i wanted to fix this in the Task class, but you don't get any
feedback from

NETRootInfo::closeWindowRequest( d->win );

I was wondering if i should do it with a timeout, so the window gets activated
if not closed within 200ms or so or if there is any better way to do it.
(Or if this feature is not sensible at all =P)

Regards,

Christian