Another Summer of Code proposal (desktop dock)

Fábio Firmo fabio.a.firmo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:22:42 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I'm a Computer Science student in Brazil (at the University of São Paulo)
and I intend to work at the Google Summer of Code this year. I looked at the
ideas in techbase and found the Desktop dock particularly interesting. In
fact that is one of containtement/plasmoids I'm expecting since 4.0.

I have knowledge in C++, which is listed as the only pre-requisite. I made a
hello world plasmoid some time ago, but never got past that. I have a little
more experience in Qt4, which was gained in some patches I sent in the past
(Akregator, Kopete and KOrganizer), and I plan to start some  initial
studies  in Qt and plasma before the official start of the schedule.

Any mentors available?

Friendly,

Fábio Firmo