Important: Plasma Applet Browser - IRC Meeting no 2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jun 27 22:02:53 CEST 2009

On Saturday 27 June 2009, Jesus Sanchez-Palencia wrote:
> Sorry for asking, but what do you mean by misunderstanding ?!
> Weren't those layouts posted on planet kde (ana's blog) sometime ago, with
> lots of reviews from the community and mockups by she, pinheiro and others?

unfortunately i wasn't available for the first meeting due to a family
responsibility. due to my not being there, one of the more important
requirements got lost:

it needs to integrate well with the panel, dashboard and netbook configuration
workflow.

i think most of the ideas in the mockup are good, but a two dimensional grid
with a large amount of metadata in a dedicated side panel just doesn't work
for the panel or dashboard. it _might_ work for the netbook stuff (though i'm
doubtful). it's really designed for use on the desktop.

i don't think much work at all will be lost (if any?), but the layout needs
some tweaking and the and needs of the panel, dashboard and netbook need to be
communicated and incorporated into the design.

it really needs to be able to go from a 2D grid into a 1D listing with
metadata on hover.

i'm also concerned about where we will end up putting install/remove/remote in
this.

so, not a HUGE set of problems, but things that need to go into the thinking
now to make this project a full success.

humru othro a kohnu se