air backgrounds -> a little too translucent?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 13:21:31 CEST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009, Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> A Friday 26 June 2009 01:05:16, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> > hi all ...
> >
> > is it just me or are the widget, dialog and panel backgrounds in Air just
> > a little too translucent, making it hard to read text and see fine
> > details?
> >
> > should it be made slightly more opaque?
>
> yeah a bit, its a trade off, general public see transparent as cool, but
> transparency comes with problems, low contrast being one of them, I guess
> we can make it less transparent, do remember the trade here less cool more
> usable...
>
> I know its a no brainier :)
>
> if every one agrees we can make it more opaque by 25%???

everybody please checkout the last revision (also backported)
it's about that percentage more opaque, i think it's quite easy to read both
on black and white backgrounds.
on really noisy wallpapers is still a bit crappy, but the only way to avoid
that would be to have a 95%-100% opacity.. and would be another theme :)
aanyways, checks this and there is always time to correct it