PlasMate previewer

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 22:15:59 CEST 2009

Seems like I'm really not able to catch up with you on IRC, so lets
discuss it on mail till I get my exams over.
I think these points raised by Aaron should be helpful for us to make
our initial "goal" list :)
(my comments are after the >> )

well, there are a number of things that can be done with it...

* the two large +s should probably be made a lot smaller and moved into the
corners

>> I think this should be easy to do. Give it a try?

* when the previewer is quite small, the nice overlay doesn't fit; perhaps it
should pop up a regular QMenu instead? certainly not as pretty, but it will
work better in small areas

>> When I made the previewer small, and tried the current overlay menu, I get tooltips when I hover my mouse over the options, so maybe no need to get rid off this 'pretty' feature. What do you think?

* the middle button at the top should reload the applet when clicked

* the control buttons should probably either shrink or even move out of the
view until the mouse passes over them

>> You've in process of doing this I suppose. (Revision 983471)

* being able to choose the wallpaper might be a nice feature, and very easy to
provide (see plasmawallpaperviewer in kdebase/workspace/plasma/
tools/)

>> Again, a light task.

* it needs to be wrapped up in a QDockWidget container and integrated into the
plasmate application.

>> Not sure about this one right now (really not getting time :P).

Further, there some resizing issues when the Previewer is made larger
or smaller, or moved from one dock area to another. We'll have to sort
this out too.

I will try to get online on #plasma whenever I find time (during
1200-1430 UTC as you told me).
Cheers !!