Cannot remove scripted plasmoid

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:54:20 CEST 2009

On Friday 05 June 2009 09:05:58 Petri Damstén wrote:
> On Thursday 04 June 2009 22:17:54 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > define "removing": removing from plasma by click on the "x" in the handle
> > (or "Remove this..." in the context menu)? removing from disk with
> > plasmapkg? removing via the add widgets gui? ..... inquiring minds want
> > to know! ;)
> >
> > (if it's the 'x' or "Remove this" from in plasma, then attach a plasma-
> > desktop-applets rc file after doing a kquitapp plasma-desktop)
>
> I'll try to be more precise. Steps used to produce attached plasma-desktop-
> appletsrc:
> - Removed ~/.kde from test user
> - Start new session
> - Install now-rocking widget
> - Add it to desktop
> - restart plasma -> everything ok
> - remove desktop folder and now-rocking from desktop using 'x'
> - restart plasma
> - now-rocking applet is back on desktop, desktop folder isn't
>
> Seems that now-rocking is still in plasma-desktop-appletsrc.

Seems that this is because mainConfig is created without containment:
plasma-desktop(1574)/libplasma Plasma::AppletPrivate::mainConfigGroup:
requesting config for "Now Rocking" without a containment!

Because of this KConfig::deleteGroupImpl tries to delete [Applets][10] and not
[Containments][1][Applets][10] as it should.

Petri