KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/battery

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sat Jun 6 18:47:11 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 06 Juni 2009 17:51:23 schrieben Sie:
> David,
>
> On Saturday 06 June 2009 13:40:34 David Nolden wrote:

> > > Design and democracy have very little in common with each other. Sorry
> > > to break this news.
> >
> > Especially true for Plasma as it seems.
> >
> > So you're talking about visions. The only clear vision I can see right
> > now is "Do whatever Aaron thinks is best, don't listen to users".
> >
> > Isn't this getting ridiculous? Now a useful feature is taken away from a
> > large amount of users, just because _some_ Hardware/Drivers are broken,
> > and one person has some pseudo-psychological ideas about "Trust your
> > computer" without any scientific backing.
>
> I won't make the point that you're picking one of the less important
> arguments, just like I'm not picking on you for another set of ridiculously
> useless emails you sent today.
Nobody here seems to care about arguments, that indeed makes all those mails
ridiculously useless. Like the whole discussion done beforehand. So sorry for
participating.

> I do ask you to be more friendly and respectful towards others, even if you
> really *really* disagree. Your attitude of calling the decision
> "ridiculous" and generally making snarky comments does not make it easier
> for me to take you seriously, it just makes it a lot more likely that I
> choose ignore you. If you don't manage to discuss in a friendly and
> respectful way, you're out of luck when trying to talk to me -- and for
> what it's worth, probably most people on the Plasma team.
> So you either change your attitude considerably, or find some other place
> where your behaviour is accepted. That place is not Plasma, or anywhere
> near me.
The mail you've just sent is not better then any of mine mine in this regard,
and I have read a lot worse by others on this list, so in this context these
arguments are kind of weak.

Anyway I'm unregistering from the Plasma list now. You've effectively shown me
that real discussions are not welcome anyway, so I don't need to waste my time
further.

Greetings, David