Plasma + QT Kinetic Preliminary Design Decisions

J. Janz jj at juniorjanz.net
Thu Jun 4 15:46:27 CEST 2009

2009/6/4 Akmanalp, Mehmet A <makmanalp at wpi.edu>

> Hello,

Hi, there,

First of all, thank you for your work (and I mean all of you involved with
that).

> * A list of effects to be definitely implemented (since they were
> already being used / wanted by someone):
>    - Flip
>    - Slide In / Out
>    - Fade In / Out
>    - Expand / Contract in a direction
>    - Grow / Shrink / Scale

I don't know much about kinetic (yeah, I'm out of time for my homework
research ;) ) but, since it has what's needed to "Grow / Shrink / Scale" or
"Expand / Contract in a direction" and even Flip, does it have anything that
will animate and end up like
http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.1/screenshots/dolphin-screenie_thumb.png?
If so, I suggest it too.

A Pulse effect would be something else I'd find useful for what I'm working
on.

> * I'm still lacking a decent name for the class. SimpleAnimator?
> KineticAnimator? Animator2? :P Maybe something shorter and easier to
> type?  Dunno.

Thinking of something short (Animator would really be the best =/ ), what
about Animation? You could end up with something like Animation.add() (or
just Animation a; a.add(X); but still clear to know what that object is) ...
Just an idea that came across my head ...

--
"Eu sou a ressurreição e a vida. Quem crê em mim, ainda que morra, viverá; e