tokamak planning

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 30 21:22:48 CEST 2009

hi all ..

with tokamak getting closer, i'd like to start working on the content part of
the planning for it.

on the T3 page on Techbase there's the Topics section:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Tokamak3#Topics

it would be good if every attendee could put down a presentation topic for our
Day 1 Presentations. for the SoC students, that's probably very easy: present
on your project ;) but you can present, really, on whatever you want. they
aren't long presentations as we should fit them all into one day, leaving room
for details like food and toilet breaks ;)

below that there is the development topics list. i've added one there as an
example, though it's a real example, to get us started. please add whatever
you want to that list; think of it as a "brain storm" section. we may not get
to everything that ends up on that list at T3, but that's ok.

at T3 we will put the list of items up on a board and people can express
interest in them and we will then try and put together a loose schedule around
them.

since we are in a really nice area of the world in terms of natural
surroundings and we won't have to be travelling between hotel and hacking
area, i'm going to try and structure the days similar to what we did in Trysil
a couple years back. that means our days will look something like:

* post-breakfast debrief: this is where anyone can bring up topics/issues from
the previous day so everyone else is up to speed as well as announce what they
will be working on that day (if they know ;) so others can coordinate. ~30
mins, gets the brain in gear post-breakfast

* hacking until lunch

* post-lunch walk outdoors, during which we can discuss design and
implementation issues in natural surroundings. we're creating a more organic
interface, what better way to do this than spend some time in the real organic
interface: nature. also helps to get people away from the computer screen and
thinking about things. depending on the day, we may end up with a group
meeting outdoors before returning. 45 minutes - 1.5 hours, depending.

* return and hack until we fall over in happy heaps of tired plasma people
(with dinner somewhere in there ;)

any/all of the components above will be flexible, of course. we don't need to
do all parts every day, but that will be the general idea for most days.

p.s. first home automated using plasma == awesome ;)

humru othro a kohnu se