KDE MicroBlog (Twitter) update doesn't work

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Wed Jul 29 12:41:11 CEST 2009

Ryan P. Bitanga schrieb:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Ryan P. Bitanga<ryan.bitanga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Gerhard
>> Gappmeier<gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I reverted back to 974104 (2009-05-28), before a bigger change was done, but
>>> this also didn't work.
>>>
>>> So I took a look at the code to see how updates are sent.
>>> Unfortunetly this doesn't happen in the dataengine itself.
>>> It uses Plasma Services, a more general service framework.
>>>
>>> I've no clue about how to investigate this further, but I think it's very
>>> likely that it has nothing to do with dataengine itself, but maybe with this
>>> service framework, or at least with how this framework is used.
>>>
>>> I also sniffed the network traffic using Wireshark.
>>> I can see the traffic when the plasmoid receives messages.
>>> But when I send an "update" not even a TCP connection gets established. So
>>> nothing happens at all.
>>>
>>> I hope this information helps you to further investigate the problem.
>>>

> Come to think of it, I know aseigo tested it after he commited some
> changes just before the replies support was added to the dataengine.
> I've been able to successfully test it as well. Any special
> configuration with your network?

No, I'm directly connected to the Internet, no proxy. Receiving messages
works.

Have you tested with Twitter, or with identica?

May there be any other side effects with changes in the service framework,
twitter API, or just configuration files for twitter, that may corrupt
things?

If you tell me where the configuration is stored, I could delete this files,
and recreate my µBlog configuration.
> - Ryan

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

*Gerhard Gappmeier*
ascolab GmbH - automation systems communication laboratory
Tel.: +49 9131 691 123
Fax: +49 9131 691 128
Web: http://www.ascolab.com
GPG-Key: http://www.ascolab.com/gpg/gg.asc

--
*ascolab GmbH*
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Gappmeier, Matthias Damm, Uwe Steinkrauß