plasma application policies

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:17:11 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Aaron J. Seigo<aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> the script engine situation is probably the easiest of the bunch: just add a
> method to the script engine that states what it does with configuration (e.g.
> setProvidesCustomizedConfiguration(bool)) and query that when deciding what to
> do with the configuration action.
I would like something like this so that Google Gadgets etc can return
'yes' and scripts engines like Ruby or Python that want KDE dialogs
can return 'no'.

I noticed that a global shortcuts page is now in the standard dialog,
and have translated the code for that to Ruby but not commited it yet.
I can't use the C++ implementation because the methods are private.
Maybe the script engine class could be a friend of Plasma::Applet so
we could call private methods? One way or the other I would prefer to
use the existing C++ code for standard config dialogs instead of
translating it to Ruby and C#.

-- Richard