containing plasmoid crashes

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 26 21:10:25 CEST 2009

On Sunday 26 July 2009 21:20:55 Chani wrote:
> > Example of their success: Clicking a link in kmail, for example, will
> > spawn that as a tab in an existing chrome browser if one is running.
> > Caveat--if one died and is still an existing process, one must kill it
> > before chrome will work correctly. Beta.
>
> that's got nothing to do with separate processes. konqueror's had that
> feature for *years*.

Each such click brings up a new konqueror window, unless I am missing
something. Konqueror has not worked right for a while now.

> anyways, this problem only exists for c++ plasmoids. solution: don't write
> in c++. you can't send c++ ones over GHNS either, anyways. we've been over
> this before.
Do not the various interperators or VMs need be loaded in memory to service
their plasmoids, i.e., if I write in in Java, the entire Java business needs
be around all the time now. Add one in Python (OK, much more economical),
Ruby, etc. and things can get a bit full up. All those C++ers share the same
libraries as Plasma and QT itself.

What about Mono/.Net :-) ??