panels and popups sliding effect

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jul 26 20:46:44 CEST 2009

On Sunday 26 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> i'm really on the fence on where to put this and how to call it.
> Becasue if we put other stuff like that like the taskbar thumbnails and the
> glow effect they wouldn't have much to do with animation, and i'm kinda
> wondering if plasma is the right namespace/lib for that, hmm..

Plasma::WindowEffects as a name space in libplasma is just fine i think.

cons:

* it's not really 100% in the right "theme" for libplasma (a components-on-
canvas library)

* it's potentially useful to many other applications that otherwise wouldn't
need libplasma

pros:

* it allows us to use it in libplasma (Dialog, ToolTip, etc)

* it allows us to use Plasma defines, such as location (which putting it in
kdeui, for instance, wouldn't); perhaps this could be worked around, though

* from libplasma all plasma shells and plugins can easily take advantage of
this functionality

so not perfect, but i don't see a better place for it. let's put it in trunk,
start using it and see if something better doesn't become evident before 4.4.0
is released.

humru othro a kohnu se