panels and popups sliding effect

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 12:55:55 CEST 2009

On Saturday 25 July 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 24 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > what about a small library (just statics probably) in workspace to deal
> > with this stuff? KWindowSystemExtra?
>
> the code needs to be accessible from libplasma though so that e.g.
> PopupApplet can animate its stuff.
>
> that's why i suggested Animator. a Plasma::WindowEffects namespace would be
> fine as well imo.

i'm really on the fence on where to put this and how to call it.
Becasue if we put other stuff like that like the taskbar thumbnails and the
glow effect they wouldn't have much to do with animation, and i'm kinda
wondering if plasma is the right namespace/lib for that, hmm..
anyways next patch is a tiny WindowEffect namespace (or maybe WindowUtils? so
it mnatches with PaintUtils)

--
Marco Martin