panels and popups sliding effect

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 23 22:56:29 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> is the custom anim code in Dialog and Panel to be removed? or should be

yes, i think it can be removed.

what i don't like about these patches is that they manipulate the xatoms
directly. it's fairly ugly code and it gets copied in various places,
requiring changes made to all of them when/if we change how this is done (as
we just have)

perhaps we should add to Plasma::Animator a method for animating one or more
windows? then it's completely hidden from the individual applets using this
stuff. if kwin changes, we can change our code easily. if we wish to do it
differently in other windowing systems or managers, we can.. etc.

humru othro a kohnu se