4.4 call for runners (ideas)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 23 19:49:42 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009, David Baron wrote:
> Kmix -- why would I want to control that from krunner. I think that the
> panel applet does the trick more than adequately. Would I really want to
> put up krunner and type in "mute" or "volume=75"? Anything else that is
> manageable with a click or two which would require more than trivial
> text-entry to krunner, to me, does not belong there.

because that's the _entire point of krunner_: to provide a human friendly,
language based interface to the computer.

by this logic, we don't need it to launch applications, either, because we
have kickoff. ;)

"mute" is a good idea, and while "volume 75" may only be a bit useful, it
doesn't hurt any and having "value <value>" where <value> could be low,
medium, high would be nice as well.

humru othro a kohnu se