Gethotnewstuff and themes

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 23 19:46:27 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > Now the question is: simply say to those theme screw you and make the
> > > package right or reverting to the old behaviour?
> >
> > those packages are, by definition, broken. it was pure luck they worked
> > in the past.
>
> yes
>
> > i think we should just install them to a folder using the pluginName so
> > that it's consistent at that point.
>
> aren't those packages just uncompressed by gethotnewstuff?

hm.. yes, it does.

> do we have any control on them?

yes, we do. there are a few ways we can do this:

* when the KNS dialog is done, the code could check what the dir for each
downloaded package _should_ be and adjust accordingly

* use plasmapkg and let it do the dirty work; this is probably the proper
method.

done properly, this probably means using the PackageStructure class for themes
(which already exists, actually) and implementing installPackage in it. i'll
whip up a patch later on... shouldn't be too much code, actualy :)

humru othro a kohnu se