need help on my javascript plasmoid

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:48:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Aaron J. Seigo<aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2009, Patrick Aljord wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer. I'm trying to fetch an xml file from a website
>> that has an xml api and display the results in my plasmoid.
>
> will you be parsing the xml before displaying it in some custom manner? (just
> wondering what all would be needed to be added to make this easy to
> accomplish)

Yes I would be parsing the xml before displaying, that would be useful
to show a feed to though for that I could use a plasma engine I guess.
It would be good to be able to download and parse xml and json (well
json is easy with JS). And even better, also being able to POST http
request. That way we'd be able to interact with most web api (eg
twitter, wikipedia, feeds etc).

> ruby and python are better in that regard, but
> otherwise (given today's runtime envs for each) are capable of far too many

I think right now I could write a ruby script  that execute
"File.rm_f('~')", upload it on kde-apps and people would be able to
install that directly from the desktop, no?