need help on my javascript plasmoid

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:12:43 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Aaron J. Seigo<aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Patrick Aljord wrote:
>> xmlUrl = new QUrl( "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com" );
>> http   = new QHttp;
>
> * do not use QHttp
>
> * the JS bindings do not have support for fetching things via KIO; note that
> this represents a security issue that would need to be address _FIRST_ before
> being added to the simple JS bindings
>
> * the simple JS bindings for plasma are NOT INTENDED to be complete bindings
> for a number of reasons (security, easy of learning, etc)
>
> * a full set should hopefully appear in qt 4.4 (richard, did you ever find
> time to fiddle with that while at GCDS?)
>
> * what, precisely, are you trying to accomplish? (just to understand the use
> case properly)
>
> --

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for your answer. I'm trying to fetch an xml file from a website
that has an xml api and display the results in my plasmoid. Also, I
understand the security issues so I'm curious if the fact that it's
possible in ruby and python could also give security issues?

Thanks in advance,

Pat