Plasma::Package::registerPackage stops working?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at
Thu Jul 23 06:21:46 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Dong Tiger wrote:
> I found I can't add Google Gadget into plasma any more.  Google Gadget in
> plasma uses Plasma::Package::registerPackage to add gadgets into plasma. It
> used to work.

* is the pluginName() set in the Plasma::PackageMetadata object passed into

* does running kbuildsycoca4 "fix" it?

* does restarting plasma itself "fix" it (e.g it shows up in the add widgets
dialog after that)?

Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se