Prospective costs of the 3rd Plasma meeting (Tokamak3)

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Wed Jul 22 18:41:59 CEST 2009

Hi Celeste!

On Wednesday 22 July 2009, 12:28 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Looks like a good proposal; however, we have some questions before we can
> make a decision. We would like to see 1 or 2 new people attend this
> meeting. From the list on techbase, everyone looks familiar. Do you have
> any new people you have invited or plan to invite who may not be on the
> list? Fresh blood is one of the things we to see for funded Developer
> Sprints.

That's true and it's awesome that you remembered about this :). We have GSoC
students like Diego and Ana that have never been to a developer sprint before.
Ana was in Akademy and Diego couldn't go to Akademy and it's probably worth it
checking with him about his availability for Tokamak (I'm ccing him). Diego,
are there any chances that it would be possible for you to attend Tokamak ?

It would also be great to have Ana there as she is mentored by Ivan who is
coming too. The problem with bringing brazilians is that it tends to be
expensive and that includes me too. But it would be awesome to have her working
on her project with her mentor during Tokamak (the same apply for Diego as he's
working on Plasmate and his mentors - me and Ricardo - will be there too).

From what I've heard about Ana, as she is a student, there is no way for her to
pay any amount of the air tickets, so we would need 100% sponsorship for her if
she is available. Unfortunately, I also can't afford more than 20% of the price
of the ticket and that increases a little bit the cost of the whole thing
(making some "head-math" I would say that from 3015 EUR we would go to ~ 4115
EUR just for air tickets to have both students there).

What do you think Celeste ?

Cheers!

PS: I'm ccing the students to know if they're available on the dates.

Artur Duque de Souza
openBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia
Blog: http://blog.morpheuz.cc